Leanne Brown is an established singer and songwriter who writes and performs multiple genres. Best known for her role in Sweet Female Attitude, Leanne has spent a decade performing throughout the UK and Europe and remains a popular advocate for electronic music.
Leanne’s music career began in 1996 when she was chosen in a college audition to sing in front of a theatre full of students and A & R personnel from Pete Waterman’s record company PWL. Studying Journalism at the Shena Simon college and unbeknown to Leanne, another student had entered her into the audition having heard her singing in the college toilets. As a result of her performance of the Drum and Bass track ‘Greater Love ft Elizabeth Troy’, Leanne was asked to join a writing team where she spent three years writing and recording a catalogue of songs to present to record companies. The group would meet regularly to write songs and record demo’s and it was during this time that one of Leanne’s first recordings was signed, a session vocal for The Lisa Marie Project on their release Hi Rise – I Believe in Miracles. Leanne would go onto sign her first record deal with the group who collectively formed the brand Sweet Female Attitude, a signing which was filmed by MTV at the ‘In The City’ event held in Manchester.
Leanne’s career with Sweet Female Attitude saw her achieve UK Chart success when their song ‘Flowers’ reached number two in the charts, bringing numerous performances on TV, Radio and a variety of events, including a Brit Awards nomination. Leanne and Catherine would go onto travel throughout Europe and record the album “In Person” in Denmark and Germany, returning to Manchester in 2001 when they began working on songwriting and developing parallel careers to support their music. Leanne would train as a teacher at Trafford College where she would later work as a vocal tutor, moving to her recent role as a course leader for Access to Music.
Maintaining a busy schedule, her work as a writer and performer with SFA has continued over a twenty year period and this has led to co-write’s for a number of projects including an X’box game and a submission for Eurovision representing the BASCA entry, a collaboration she did with Martin and Judith Abbot alongside fellow Sweet Female Attitude member Catherine Cassidy.
In the years which followed Leanne married and settled in South Manchester. SFA tracks created as a result of collaborations withThe Miami Superfly Boys and Bimbo Jones would feature in live sets between 2006 and 2009. Leanne also began to collaborate with DJ, producer and musician Jon Fitz, recording a variety of house music and trip hop tracks and together with Catherine Cassidy they recorded a Trip Hop album called ‘KooZooz’. It was around this time that Leanne also began to work on developing her solo career, initially writing and performing the vocals for the Dawn Raid release ‘Breakdown’ released on 36 Hertz Records in 2011 and Jon Fitz’s release ‘Express Feature’ on Serotonin Digital.
In 2013 Leanne continued writing with Jon Fitz who alongside the DJ and DMC competition winner Moky Ezra setup a deep house production duo ‘Fake • Remedy’. Leanne would write and perform vocals on the track ‘Closer 2 You’ and ‘Never Had Love’ which in 2014 resulted in tracks featuring globally on the Hed Kandi The Mix, Hed Kandi Deep House and Hed Kandi Serve Chilled compilations. She would go onto write and record a succession of releases reflecting collaborations with artists in the UK, Sweden, South Africa, the US and Cyprus, whilst further developing the SFA brand to bring on a DJ and Producer for her live shows.
In 2015, Booker T’s remix of Leanne’s collaboration with the DJ & Producer Jeremy Sylvester (Club Asylum) caught the eye of Ministry of Sound’s new publishing arm leading to the track featuring on the Hed Kandi Beach House 2015 compilation. Leanne would continue to develop a number of collaborations throughout that year, her February 2015 rework of the Minnie Riperton classic ‘Lovin You’ released on Swedish label Dirty Harry, included a remix by label boss Stonebridge which gained huge popularity in her live Sweet Female Attitude shows, along with popular support in the USA and Japan from regular features on Stonebridge’s radio shows. Further collaborations with eSquire and RELOAD saw remakes of The Adventures of Stevie V’s classic track ‘Dirty Cash’, Adena Howard’s ‘Freak’ and Faith Evans ‘Love Like This’ which continue to feature regularly in the Sweet Female Attitude live shows. Leanne also re-recorded three fresh new deep house remixes of ‘Flowers’ distributed in the summer of 2015, to sit along the massive AATW re-work by Sam Divine and Curtis Gabriel which brought the SFA track back to life with a deep defected feel.
Leanne continues to maintain a busy writing and live performance schedule – her Sweet Female Attitude live shows feature weekly throughout the UK with regular bookings for Pure Garage Reloaded, Kisstory, Garage Nation, One Dance and UKG fest. 2017 looks to be an even busier year with a number of new SFA releases and collaborations planned for the coming season.
- The Peverell Bros & Leanne Brown – No Matter (SFA Dub Mix)
- The Peverell Bros & Leanne Brown – No Matter (Jay Kay Mix)
- David Souza & Leanne Brown – Somebody (Andy Mason Remix)
- NXT Level ft Leanne Brown & Luke Neptune – On the Strength
- Secluded Family ft Leanne Brown – What Kinda Fool
- DJ Romi & Leanne Brown – Foolish
- Tomos Henri & Leanne Brown – Get So Serious
- David Souza & Leanne Brown – Somebody
- Frequency 88, Steve Westover & Leanne Brown – Live Your Life
- RELOAD, Esquire & Leanne Brown – Dirty Cash (Esquire 2016 Remake)
- Paco Caniza, Peverell Bros & Leanne Brown – Love That Sound
- Peverell Bros & Leanne Brown – Lying & Cheating
- Reload & Leanne Brown – Keep on Calling
- Frequency 88 & Leanne Brown – Wonderful
- Tim Johnson & Leanne Brown – Never Let Go
- Dirty Freek & Reload ft Leanne Brown – Flowers
- Esquire & Petch ft Leanne Brown – Love Like This
- Club Asylum ft Leanne Brown – Bad Thing
- Leanne Brown, SJAY & Ste E – Curator EP
- Lé Funnk & Leanne Brown – What is With You
- Lé Funnk ft Leanne Brown – Lovin You (Bojan Mixes)
- Dirty Freek & RELOAD ft Leanne Brown – Flowers
- eSquire & Petch ft Leanne Brown – Love Like This (Original)
- RELOAD ft Leanne Brown – Freak
- RELOAD & Esquire ft Leanne Brown – Dirty Cash
- Club Asylum, Leanne Brown & Booker T – Reasons
- Tommy Mc ft Leanne Brown – Changing Your Mind (The Remixes)
- Le`Funnk ft Leanne Brown – Lovin You
- 2 Tyme ft Leanne Brown – Love & Affection
- Tommy Mc Ft Leanne Brown – Changing Your Mind
- The Peverell Brothers ft Leanne Brown – No Matter
- Bee Bar & Symphonik ft Leanne Brown – A Part of Me
- 2 Tyme ft Leanne Brown – My Heart is Yours
- Rare Candy ft Leanne Brown – Why I Love You
- Frater & Stent ft Leanne Brown – Never Kissed You
- Fake Remedy ft Leanne Brown – Never Had Love
- Fake Remedy ft Leanne Brown – Never Had Love (Carl Hanaghan Remix)
- Fake Remedy ft Leanne Brown – Closer to You (Fake Remedy Sunset Mix)
- Fake Remedy ft Leanne Brown – Closer to You Remixes
- Fake Remedy ft Leanne Brown – Closer To You
- Jon Fitz ft Leanne Brown – Express Feature
Agency Pure DJs or Xtreme Talent
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com